Where has summer gone?
While I am saddened by how quickly summer has been passing us by, I am very excited about what is coming up this Fall. Take a moment and check out all that is going on at WakyMC!
I just left Denny Yoder’s office this morning and was told that we have over 50 people that will be going through a twelve week discipleship training course! Awesome!
I am excited and saddened to share an update with you regarding two staff transitions taking place in August. Just yesterday, August 1st, Lance Mestach (Facilities & Assimilation) resigned his part-time role on our team in order to spend more time focusing on his insurance agency and family. We are grateful for the years of service that Lance has provided our church. On August 20, we are pleased to welcome Harold (Faith) Knight to our team. Harold will be assisting our church in pastoral care of those who are shut-in or hospitalized.
We have many ways for you to build relationships with people in the months to come. Here is a highlight of events that are just around the corner!
- South Bend Cubs Game: We purchased a block of tickets for a South Bend Cubs game on Saturday, August 26th. Tickets are $10 and are being distributed on a first come, first served basis. A flat screen TV will be given away every inning!
- MOTTTS: The MOTTTS (Mother’s of Tot’s to Teens) Bible Study kicks off its season on Thursday, September 7th. MOTTTS meets at the church on Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.! This is a great way for the women of our church to connect with other ladies!
- Starting Point: Our staff will be offering another Starting Point on September 10th. This is a luncheon following our second service where our staff will introduce themselves, highlight the area of ministry they serve in and answer any questions that anyone new to our church may have! Registration is required, so watch for more information to come!
- Man Camp: Man Camp is an opportunity for men (and their boys) to spend quality bonding time with God and other men. This years Man Camp will take place September 22-24th. Watch for more information to come your way soon!
- National Officer Appreciation Day: On October 7th, we are going to give back to the men and women who put their lives on the line daily to uphold law and order in our communities. Officers from all over the United States will come to Elkhart County for a time of refreshing and encouragement. We will have the opportunity to serve them in a variety of ways that will be announced in the weeks to come! Don’t miss this chance to make a difference.
- Essentials Class: Denny Yoder and I will be offering an Essentials Class on Sunday, October 15th following the second service. This luncheon / one hour class explains who we are as a church from a theological and methodological point of view. We continue to have a number of people mention that they enjoy our church, but want to know more about what we believe and how we go about doing ministry as a church. If you have had a similar thought, then plan now to join us! Also, people continue to ask about becoming a “member” of our church. This class is a prerequisite for membership.
- Notre Dame / USC Tailgate Party: Fall means football to many in Northern Indiana, so we would like to accommodate this passion for the pigskin by showing the game on a large screen in our parking lot. We will have fire pits and grills going. You will only need to bring food to grill and a lawn chair to sit on. This will be a great night! Go Irish!
- LeFevre Concert: If you have been around WakyMC for the last few years, then the LeFevre Quartet is a name that needs no introduction. We are pleased to have them return to our church on Saturday night, October 28th for a concert in our Worship Center.
- Bethel College vs Notre Dame: Yes, you read that correctly. On November 3rd, the Bethel Men’s Basketball team will travel across town to take on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame in an exhibition basketball game. We would love to have a group from WakyMC gather at the arena to enjoy a memorable night of basketball.
- Family Game Night: How about joining us for a night of board or card games? On November 12th, we will transform the Fellowship Hall into a location where families can join together and play their favorite game while munching on snack food! This should be an enjoyable evening together!
As you can see, there is a lot going on at WakyMC! My team is so excited to serve this wonderful church family! We are looking forward to a great Fall together!
See you soon!